Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Is there a way to have my current Yahoo Mail window start a new mail tab instead of opening a new wi

I have 'Yahoo Mail' as my specified email program (Tools/Internet Options). Even when I have Yahoo Mail 'Open' and I click on 'Contact' (or some other link to send email), Internet Explorer opens another window to Yahoo Mail. Is there a way to have my current Yahoo Mail window start a new mail tab instead of opening a new window?



Is there a way to have my current Yahoo Mail window start a new mail tab instead of opening a new window?windows 98



Assuming that you are using IE 7, there are a few options you can use.



First, you can simply hold the "Ctrl" key while clicking.



Second, you can change your default browser settings to automatically open a new tab each time a new window would normally open. To do this, go to "Tools" and then "Internet Settings." Under the "General Tab," click the "Settings Button" under "Tabs" (near the bottom of the window). Now make sure that at least the following are selected:



"Enable tabbed browsing"



"Always switch to new tabs when they are created"



"Let Internet Explorer decide how pop-ups should open"



Select "OK" on the windows that remain, close IE and reopen it. That should do it. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate