Sunday, November 29, 2009

Windows 98 (W98SE) is still my preferred OS (XP/2000 are grim!!!) Why will Yahoo Mail Beta NOT work

How long will I be able to use the existing Yahoo Mail service? This works well for me with Firefox + W.98SE.



Will there be the option for me continue using the current Yahoo Mail version in the future???



Surely updated systems should still remain 'backward compatible' with older hardward/OSs???



Windows 98 (W98SE) is still my preferred OS (XP/2000 are grim!!!) Why will Yahoo Mail Beta NOT work with W98?microsoft windows xp



It ultimately saves Yahoo time and money by not needing to program the extra code, plus they assume most people have Windows XP and they are providing an alternative for people that don't.



Windows 98 (W98SE) is still my preferred OS (XP/2000 are grim!!!) Why will Yahoo Mail Beta NOT work with W98?ie 7 internet explorer



Ford doesn't supply parts for the MODEL"T". Why should Yahoo and others keep supporting an OS, that in computer life, is as old as the MODEL "T"?
The two answers miss the obvious point here: Web sites are written to BROWSERS, not OS's.



I'm not actually aware of *any* other site on the Internet (including Windows Live Mail and Gmail) that discriminates against IE6 being run on one OS versus another.



It's absurd and lazy of Yahoo, and I've yet to hear a technical justification of why it was necessary. Even Oddpost, which Yahoo Mail Beta was built upon, supports Win98.



Since it's so highly unusual, for now I'm just assuming it's a beta deficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate