Friday, November 27, 2009

Problems with Vista mail and peoplepc?

I have gone the rounds with ppc's totally useless tech support and still don't have a solution. I receive mail through windows mail but I cannot send mail out. It keeps giving me the following error:



Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.peoplepc.com', Server: 'smtpauth.peoplepc.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F



I have re done my mail set up about 15 times, the settings are correct. I have rebooted 20 times, doesn't help. I've turned off any type of virus checker for email, doesn't matter. I don't want to use their webmail and I didn't have much of a choice as Vista came on the new machine.



Are they forever incompatible?



Problems with Vista mail and peoplepc?windows mobile



I do not know about ppc but I do know some are incompatible with vista. I do not forsee a solution soon to this problem. I also got a new computer and it has vista. I do not like it .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate