Sunday, November 29, 2009

Why won't Windows Explorer let me create an e-mail list.?

When I try to create a list, an error message pops up saying that the list can't contain symbols, including @. I don't get it.



Why won't Windows Explorer let me create an e-mail list.?



Because it's built to not allow certain characters. Why? Because certain characters require quite a bit of storage.



Why won't Windows Explorer let me create an e-mail list.?uninstall internet explorer internet explorer



Certain characters and symbols are not allowed in naming files or folders, or e-mail addresses. These symbols mean something to Windows which I am knowledgeable enough to understand - so I just observe the rules. I"m afraid you will have to too. If you accidentally use a non-allowable character, change it. Example, to separate words like



firstname lastname (where a space is not allowed)



type firstname_lastname or firstname-lastname.



In a filename, where I sometimes like to include the date, instead of 5/27/07 type 5-27-07.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate